Calvert Green is a civil parish in Aylesbury Vale,
Buckinghamshire, England. It was created in 2003 from parts of Charndon and
Steeple Claydon civil parishes. The new housing estate is built upon an old
brick works and the village hall, in the centre of the development, was erected
above the old kilns.
Calvert is a village in Buckinghamshire, England, near the village of Steeple Claydon.
Originally named after a wealthy local family who had inherited property at Claydon House, Middle Claydon, on condition that they changed their surname to Verney, the village was founded as a hamlet in the Victorian era to house workers for the brick works that were constructed in the area. The Calvert Brick works was opened in 1900 by Arthur Werner Itter, a brick maker from the Peterborough area, but have since been closed in 1991 and turned into a nature reserve and landfill. All that remains of the hamlet is a small group of red brick terrace houses.
At the start of the 21st century a new housing estate was built called Calvert Green, greatly enlarging the original village. In 2007 Calvert Green was detached from Charndon and formed into a new civil parish. At the 2011 Census the population of the village was still included in the civil parish of Charndon.##