Here is an update on the planned road closure to a section of Gawcott road / Perry Hill in line with the earlier communication in the PDF.
It is planned to close the section of Gawcott road / Perry Hill shown on the attached Notice (between the Charndon cross roads passed the sailing club) on Thursday 27th October.
Please note the following:
- The improvement works to the junction by Charndon have been carried out and traffic lights are to be installed early next week, This junction will become a three way / two phase traffic light junction to manage the traffic flow. Safety improvements to the junction have been carried out and a pedestrian crossing will be in place.
- Traffic lights will also be installed at the bridge that crosses the EWR line that is narrow. This will mean that single lane traffic will cross the bridge.
- HS2 HGV’s will not use the diversion route and will only use the existing routes that they use.
- Access to Calvert Jubilee and the sailing club will be maintained and communication with these organisations is taking place separately/ Other stakeholders such as Langston and Tasker / Claydon House are being informed separately.
- It has been requested that HS2 does a drive through of the diversion route with a large vehicle to provide confidence that the diversion route is workable. The diversion route has passed the necessary safety assessments and is considered suitable and we are seeing if this can be arranged early next week.
- Advanced notice signs are also being set up along the road so that closure is visible to road users over the coming week.